Tuesday 19 April 2011

Ets

So left my apartment today at 4:41PM to catch the 5PM bus to get to Concordia early before her 6PM exam. Stopped at subway to grab a meatball sub. Was eating half of it and had about three normal bites left when the 2 bus showed up. Grabbed my bus pass, stepped onto the bus when I heard the bus driver go "get off" I looked up from my sandwich, confused. "ummm" was all I said when she repeated herself "Get off the bus. No Food. Get off now." She pointed up at something I'm not sure, I never paid attention to what was above the driver. I stood there I'm sure looking like a idiot. "are you serious?!" was all i said before again hearing her repeat herself. "get off the bus now." I backed up off the bus and onto the side walk, still confused and not understanding why her tone was more like "get the fuck off" opposed to hey, this is the rule, sorry kid. I looked at my food and then at the driver who now no longer paid attention to me. I needed that bus. There was two infront of her. It was safer for her to wait opposed to pulling out ahead of the two other buses so I shoved the food into my mouth and walked to the garbage can. It wasnt that far away and I turned back and she was gone. pulled ahead and was covered by the other two buses. I'd make it worse for myself if i tried to get onto her bus, I wasn't stupid, I wasn't going to risk getting hit. I was already upset by this point. Third time i'd been appalled by the buses in a week. Would it have been so hard to ask me to put my food away? Or throw it out? Offer to wait? Instead of being rude and kicking me off. Never been kicked off before, never even been told I cant eat on the bus. Done it plenty of times before. I wasn't some punk kid who screamed I'm going to make a mess. I didn't get it.

I walked to the LRT called the complaint line and told them. The guy was as stunned as me. Wasn't even aware there was a rule that allowed the driver to kick me off for having food. Told me to write a letter and that he'd pass along the complaint.

Walked down the LRT steps and caught the LRT to Coliseum. Went to get the Shuttle bus that DIDN'T SHOW and had to walk to Concordia. Course in my attempt to save time opposed to making the 10 - 15min walk that would for sure make me late I waited. Called ETS to see if the shuttle was running still. Got told it was and just hold on it would be there at 5:41. Didnt show.
THANKS ETS!!! Good thing my proff was amazing and let me write. You could have cost me my education. THANKS for being assholes. OH!! and if i see that bus driver again, i'm gonna flip. fucking bitch

No comments:

Post a Comment